As the prime consultant for these Transportation Statistics contracts, HSA’s primary tasks include conducting the Districtwide Annual Traffic Counts Inventory and Roadway Characteristics Inventory (RCI) Quality Control. Additionally, we conduct traffic operational analysis, roadway and intersection capacity analysis, and provide assistance on Project Development and Environmental (PD&E) studies. We strive to work closely with the Department in a staff-extension capacity to consistently exceed expectations.
HSA is fully equipped with traffic data collection equipment including 120 automated traffic volume and classification counters, electronic turning movements boards, mobile device data collection applications, video monitoring systems, custom automated video counting and processing software, and fully equipped field vehicles which allow us to rapidly deploy, process, and deliver quality data to the Department. HSA employs trained permanent staff who specialize in traffic data collection, processing software and data analysis.
From an innovative standpoint, we have engineered and developed high resolution weatherproof video monitoring systems and data processing applications. The camera systems allow HSA to collect traffic data without impacting the study parameters or traffic patterns and provide increased safety for field technicians by remaining outside of the roadway. HSA also utilizes a multitude of video data processing software, including the ability to manually and automatically count and classify vehicles and conduct traffic operational studies. HSA continues to lead the industry in developing and employing innovating technology to effectively and accurately collect, process, and analyze traffic data.
- Traffic Data Collection Programs
- Origin and Destination Surveys
- Travel Time, Gap, and Delay Studies
- Crash Data Compilation and Analysis
- Traffic Studies/Site Impact Analysis
- Parking Demand and Turnover Studies
- Rail-Highway Crossing Inventories
- Roadway Characteristics Inventory Programs
- Districtwide Miscellaneous Counts and Projections 1992 – 2001, 2009 to Present
- Districtwide Miscellaneous Roadway Characteristics Inventory -2000 to 2010 and 2016 to Present
- Districtwide Traffic Operations Studies 2014 to Present
- Okaloosa Co. Computerized Traffic Signal Feasibility Study – (Sub)
- Escambia County Traffic Engineering Services
- City of Pensacola Traffic Engineering Services
- City of Destin Traffic Engineering Services (Prime)
- SR79/SR30 Raodway Improvements – Traffic Signal Design – Sub )
- Davis Hwy. Improvements Design – Highway and Intersection Capacity Analysis, Conceptual Intersection Design (Sub)
- US98 PD&E Study from Bayshore Dr. to Portside Dr. – Highway and Intersection Capacity Analysis, Conceptual Intersection Design (Sub)
- Sacred Heart Hospital Hospital-Proposed Signal Modifications Concept (Sub)